The term "personal data" shall have the meaning ascribed to it by the PDPO.
How we collect your personal data
While using our Service (e.g. personal shopping, tracking orders, contact us or actions on our website, etc.), we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
The types of information we collect
- Your personal information and contact information such as your name, gender, date of birth, identity card number, telephone number, social media contact, email address, residential address, mailing address, and billing address;
- Your account details (“account”), including first and last 4 digits of credit card account numbers, or user accounts;
- Your household income range, and personal interest;
- IP address, real-time geographic location data, browser settings, browsing records, and/or other Internet log information of your computer or mobile device; and
- Telephone numbers and email addresses contained in your phone book, when you choose to participate in interactive features of our service. In this case we will have informed you when you access our service and by providing that data to us you agree that you have obtained consent from those individuals in the phone books.
How we use your personal data
Personal data collected from you may be used by the Company for, without limitation:
- identifying you and any accounts you hold with us
- enabling the provision of the Services to you
- conducting identity verification and/or credit checks
- processing applications or renewal applications for our business partners’ products and services, including without limitation insurance and financial products, on your behalf
- processing insurance claims for our business partners’ products and services, on your behalf
- processing of payment instructions or collection of amounts outstanding from you in relation to the provision of the Services
- order processing, billing and fulfilment
- enabling us to store your personal data so you do not have to re-enter it each time you purchase a product or renew an insurance product
- direct marketing of the Services (see section “Direct Marketing” below)
- direct marketing of the products and services of the Company’s business partners (see section “Direct Marketing” below)
- designing services for you
- conducting research, statistical analysis and behavioral analysis
- conducting program viewership survey and analysis
- customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences
- enabling you to participate in interactive features of our service, including identifying your friends or individuals, and sharing and communicating with them your shopping experience, when you choose to do so
- making suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Services or goods and services that may interest you or them
- customising the Company’s website and its content to your particular preferences
- provisioning of customer services
- handling your complaints and account enquiries, and handling any claim, action and/or proceedings against the Company or any party
- fraud prevention and detection
- auditing purposes
- making such disclosures as required by applicable laws, rules and regulations
- any other purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal data were originally collected
How long do we keep your personal information for?
The Company will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the personal data were originally collected.
The Company will retain and use your personal data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
How we protect your personal data?
The Company does not trade your personal information and contact information for gain without your written consent. All personal data collected and held by the Company will be kept confidential, but where disclosure is necessary for the Company to comply with any statutory obligations or requirements, or for the Company to provide the Services to you or to carry out the original purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the personal data were collected, those data may be provided to the following parties (whether within or outside Hong Kong):
- Competent court of law, law enforcement agencies, or other governmental or statutory authorities, institutions or organisations;
- Company’s associated companies, business partners, contractors, agents, sellers or suppliers of the goods/services, or other service operators, who are involved in the sales and marketing, administration or provision of the Services;
- Company’s business partners including without limitation insurance companies who assess and/or process insurance applications, renewal applications, insurance claims and settlements, provide insurance services for you and/or handle enquiries or complaints
- Any other person under a duty of confidentiality to the Company including a member of its group of companies, IT consultants, data processors, auditors, accountants, or lawyers, which has undertaken to keep such information confidential; and
- Banks, financial institutions, insurance companies, credit card issuing companies or debt collection agencies.
Your information, including personal data, is processed at the Company's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those from your jurisdiction.
How we secure your personal data?
All reasonable efforts are made to ensure that any personal data held by the Company is stored in a secure and safe place.
All personal data which we collect is kept confidential to the best of our ability. You will appreciate however, no method of transmission over the internet, or security system is perfect, and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances.
Service Providers (“service providers”) have access to your personal data only to perform their tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
The Company may use your personal data to send you newsletter, offers, promotions or other updates and the Company requires your consent for that purpose. We may contact you by email, in-app notifications or mail.
We may use third-party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us or our marketing partners, you can opt out at any time by updating your preferences through your registered account or an unsubscribe link provided. Upon receipt of your request, we shall cease to so use your personal data as soon as possible without charge to you.
recognise you whenever you visit this website
obtain information about your preferences, viewing and browsing behavior, online movements and use of the Internet
allowing you to add items to your shopping bag or to your Saved Items
assessing the success of our advertising campaigns, offers and communications
understand targeting which service providers have helped us reach out to new customers, or have promoted our products on their websites
make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable
Four main types of cookies
(1) Site functionality cookies – these allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as “Add to Bag” and “Save for Later”.
(2) Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
(3) Customer preference cookies – when you're browsing or shopping on ASOS, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
(4) Targeting or advertising cookies – these are used to deliver ads relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
How to manage cookies
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that you child has provided Us with personal data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected personal data from anyone under the age of 16 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from our servers.
We also may limit how We collect, use, and store some of the information of Users between 16 and 18 years old. In some cases, this means We will be unable to provide certain functionality of the Service to these users.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent, We may require your parent's consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
Last updated 14 April 2020